21 May 2018

            The Chợ Bến Thành was a fun place for my peers and I to shop at. This warehouse sized building is of course catering to the spending habits of tourists, so be cautious not to over spend. I found many things in this center to be interesting, although I quickly noticed only 25% of the stands were actually unique. Otherwise, the same stand selling the same products is just relocated in another part of the building and ran by different people. Almost all of the vendors bartered with you. There is a grand deal of knock-off and counterfeit items, ranging from U.S. brands of clothing to luxury watches and handbags. This may seem like a fun opportunity to purchase yourself a new "Birkin," but you should weigh the options of supporting this type of trade and the aftermath it has on the global market in addition to where these items come from.